Breast Reduction is a cosmetic surgery procedure in which very large breasts are reduced in size and reshaped. Mammaplasty refers to reducing breast size. Mastopexy refers to a breast lift. Both of these procedures may be done at the same time as part of breast reduction – or they may be performed separately.
- General anesthesia is typically used
- For Mammaplasty, the surgeon makes one or more incisions in the breast and removes excess tissue and skin • sometimes liposuction is also performed
- In some cases the areola (dark skin around the nipple) may be reduced in size or repositioned on the newly reshaped breast
- For Mastopexy, the surgeon removes excess skin from the bottom of the breast and/or from around the nipple
- The remaining skin is sewn together to tighten and lift the breast
Meet our Plastic Surgeons