Excision of Excessive Skin
Excision of excessive skin is a cosmetic surgery procedure that is most commonly performed to remove sagging excess skin from patients who have undergone extreme weight loss. This procedure may be performed on the abdomen, hips, thighs or buttocks.
- general anesthesia is typically used
- surgeon makes an incision in the area of the body to be tightened
- surgeon removes excess skin and body fat
- surgeon may also stretch and tighten certain muscles when possible
- surgeon lifts remaining tissues to restore a firmer body appearance
Meet our Plastic Surgeons