Plantar fasciectomy is a surgical procedure utilized to relieve inflammation of the plantar fascia ligament (a condition known as plantar fasciitis).
- local or general anesthesia may be used
- surgeon makes a small incision on the side of the heel near the ankle bone
- an endoscope (with a tiny camera) is inserted to reach the plantar fascia ligament
- using thin surgical instruments, the surgeon may detach the ligament from the bone – or make incisions on each side to release tension and relieve pain
- surgeon may also free the foot muscle (abductor hallucis) to prevent nerves from becoming trapped and inhibiting recovery
Meet our Podiatrists