Septoplasty is a surgical procedure utilized to repair a deviated septum in the nose, which can cause breathing difficulties, nosebleeds and other problems. Septoplasty may be performed endoscopically or using traditional surgical techniques.
- local or general anesthesia may be used
- a small incision is made inside of the nostril
- an endoscope (with a tiny camera) is inserted into the incision
- surgeon lifts the mucous membrane to expose the septum
- surgeon moves the septum into the correct position
Meet our Plastic Surgeons